27.12.09

I bet you'd love it here





Vaux's Swifts, Chapman School

It seems like a long time ago since the swifts swarmed the chimney and fans crowded the lawns, time has gone by quicker than ever.I just started reading Jeff Mapes new book about cycling and he quotes an early bike advocate named Dan Burden as saying, "the human body is not designed to move faster than fifteen miles per hour. Our sight, our ability to interpret things, to process things is bicycling speed."
I think there is a lot of truth to that statement, and not just in regards to transportation. I want to try and live at bicycle speed. There are so many things to see, and I want to see them all.

1 comment:

  1. A very good sentiment and philosophy indeed.

    I used to cycle everywhere and never owned a car until 2.5 years ago (no small feat at the tender age of 42)...everything's gone downhill for me since.

    I'm going to back on the old bicycle!

    Thanks for the reminder and the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

All the content on this page is produced by Sarah LaPonte unless otherwise stated.